What to Expect
Preparing for your Sleep Study
Reading the following directions will ensure the highest level off accuracy during your test.
- What to bring?
- Comfortable clothing to sleep in.
- Necessary toiletries (Toothbrush, tooth paste, etc…)
- Your own pillow, if you desire.
- CPAP mask if you already use CPAP.
- Sleep history packet filled out.
- An open mind!
- Caffeine and alcohol prior to your study.
- Using unnecessary hair products (gels, oils, hairspray, etc…)
- Take prescription medications as you normally would per your physician. (We do not administer medications)
- Bring any medication you may need during your study.
What will happen once you arrive?
- You will arrive between 7:30-9:00pm.
- You’re technologist will great you, answer questions, and explain the procedure.
- You will have a minimal amount of paperwork to fill out.
- Once changed into your sleeping clothes, your technologist will set you up for the procedure.
- This includes some wires around your head, torso, and legs.
- You will have time to relax before bed.
- Your technologist will monitor your sleep throughout the night.
- Between 5:00-6:00am the procedure will end.
- There will be a small amount of morning paperwork and you will leave between 6:00-7:00am.
Canceling your appointment – If you do not call within 48 hours to cancel your appointment you will be charged a cancellation fee of $350.00.